Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where it all began

My research into David E. Lewis's life and writings began in 1999-2000 when I was writing my undergrad honours thesis. My thesis was initially going to look at his short story writing style, but instead, after discovering that there'd been very little written/researched about DEL, it became a oral history/bibliography project. I interviewed several people who were directly connected to DEL, including Jerry Spicer, David's close friend and literary executor. In 2005 Jerry Spicer died, and bequeathed to me David Lewis's papers, all 12+ boxes of them. Since I have archival training and have been a working archivist for nearly 10 years, and since this is an research interest of mine, I thought it might be a good idea for me to take on the archival processing.

So, here I am, keeping a blog to document the archival processing of David E. Lewis's papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment